Certifying your ability in assessment and teaching
We offer two important ways for you to demonstrate your professional knowledge and competence in assessment, teaching and Specific Learning Difficulties. These are the Assessment Practising Certificate (APC), below and the Teaching Practising Certificate (TPC) on page 2.
The APC is essential for specialist teachers who carry out assessments for eligibility for the Disabled Student Allowances. Holding an APC is also considered good practice for specialist teachers who assess at other levels. The TPC is an award for those keen to demonstrate that they are active, specialist teachers with relevant practical experience committed to maintaining best practice and ongoing development of their professional teaching skills.
Teaching Practising Certificates can be used to underpin quality assurance of your specialist skills and commitment to best practice. Policy guidance and support documents to underpin this quality assurance are downloadable from your Members' Area of the Patoss website.
- Supporting Professional Practice
- SASC-Structure-for-review-of-APC-Revised October 2015
- Leaflet to support APC renewal
- Patoss Assessment Guidance Article
- APC Renewal Timeline
- Diagnostic Assessment Report Proforma -revised Oct 2015
- Report ProForma Guidance -revised October 2015
- REVISED guidelines-March 2016 a