Courses Leading to a Practising Certificate
The following courses will qualify successful candidates to apply for SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate from Patoss. This list will be updated as more courses are approved by the BDA Accreditation Board for AMBDA or by SASC as meeting the training requirements for SpLD Assessment Training.
- All courses leading to AMBDA [See SpLD Specialist Teacher Training Courses for list of providers.]
- University College London Certificate in the Diagnostic Assessment & Management of Literacy Difficulties [from 2000 through 2004]
- Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations
- OCR Level 7 Certificate in Assessing and Teaching Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
- ATS + BPS Test User (formerly CCET) + SASC Approved Module Route.
SASC Approved Modules to Combine with ATS + BPS Test User training
Candidates holding ATS and completing their BPS Test User training after 31st March 2011 will have to complete one of the additional SASC approved training modules as noted below to qualify for an SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate.
Bath Spa University contact: Louise Hamilton email@example.com
- TT7372: SpLD/Dyslexia: The Effective Assessment Report
- Real Training: Professional Diagnostic Report Writing contact: Rachel Rayfield firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT OFFERING STARTS MARCH 2017
Patoss in partnership with Bath Spa University are the first to provide a SASC approved module to meet this need.
TT7372: SpLD/Dyslexia: The Effective Assessment Report
The module comprises 24 hours of face to face tuition/workshops, professional practice based assignments, plus a commitment to 276+ hours private study. It will be delivered through two full day Saturday workshops and 4 twilight sessions (5:30 pm til 9 pm) on Thursdays. All of these sessions will be held in London. All candidates will be expected to attend 6 sessions, including the 2 full day sessions.
For further details please contact: Louise Hamilton email@example.com
For guidance on how to register and other general information, please contact CPD Admin on firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01225 875593