Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Use of this site is provided by PATOSS subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
1. Website Operator. This website is operated by PATOSS The Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties Ltd ["PATOSS", "we", "us"], a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England & Wales, registration no: 5280223 with registered office at South Worcestershire College, Davies Road, Evesham, Worcs. WR11 1LP. If you have any comments or questions about this website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ownership of materials and licence terms.
2.1 This website and the materials on it are protected by copyright, database right, trade marks and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world.
2.2 You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and us, all trademarks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights subsisting anywhere in the world at any time in and to the content and the design and the layout of the website and in all materials made available on this website are owned by or licensed to us.
2.3 Except as expressly set out in these terms, no right or licence is granted to you in relation to such rights.
2.4 Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photographs have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not PATOSS). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs. You are permitted to display the materials on this website to on your computer screen and to download and print a hard copy of the materials at no cost to you in each case for your personal use and information only, provided you comply with the clause 2.5 and accurately and fully reproduce the materials including any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices.
2.5 You undertake not to:
- amend any of the materials on this website and/or downloaded from this website in any way or remove or alter any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice;
- commercially exploit any of the materials or any part of them without our prior written consent;
- establish a link to this website from any other website, intranet or extranet site without our prior written consent;
- use this website to upload or distribute any material that contains viruses or anything similar;
- do anything that may interfere with or disrupt this website; or submit or post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content using this website which is vulgar, unreliable or misleading, abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, liable to cause harassment and/or distress or which is otherwise considered by us in our absolute discretion to be objectionable or unlawful.
2.7 If you wish to use, amend or reproduce any of the materials in this website in any manner other than as expressly permitted under these terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com.
3. References, extracts and acknowledgement. You may refer to the materials on this website or quote non substantial extracts of the materials (in terms of quantity and quality) in your own materials. Such references and/or extracts must be accurate, not misleading and they must all be accompanied by a written acknowledgement of PATOSS's ownership of the copyright in such materials and where the extracts have been taken from.
4. Website availability. This website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee, and offer no warranty or representation that the website will be available or that use will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to change, suspend or withdraw the whole or any part of the website or any of the information available on it at any time without notice and without incurring any liability.
5. Links from this website. PATOSS takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and PATOSS has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that PATOSS approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
6.1 If you are a member of PATOSS then you are permitted to access certain materials that are not available to other users of this website ("Member Materials"). Members are only permitted to disclose Member Materials to other members and must not disclose them or any part of them to anyone else or use them for anything other than the member's internal business purposes.
6.2 Employees of member organisations may be allowed access to the Members Only section of the website. Access can only be authorised by the relevant member organisation's key contact who must contact the PATOSS office to arrange access.
6.3 PATOSS reserves the right to terminate access to the Members Only section of the website at any time. Should an employee of a member organisation cease to work for a member organisation the member organisation is responsible for notifying the PATOSS office of the date for termination of access.
7. Refund/Cancellation Policy.
7.1 Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy.
7.1.1 PATOSS reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in the organisation PATOSS.
7.1.2 If PATOSS refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a refund.
7.1.3 Membership Cancellation by Participant.
7.1.3,1 Membership cancellations received within 14 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less £25 service fee.
126.96.36.199 Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
188.8.131.52 Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
184.108.40.206 All benefits and incentives received by participant must be cancelled/returned to the PATOSS.
220.127.116.11 All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
18.104.22.168 Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
22.214.171.124 Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
126.96.36.199 These above policies apply to all PATOSS memberships unless otherwise noted in the corresponding program materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.
7.2 Event Refund/Cancellation Policy.
7.2.1 Event Cancellation by PATOSS/Sponsor
188.8.131.52 PATOSS reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
184.108.40.206 If PATOSS cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
220.127.116.11 Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, PATOSS has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
18.104.22.168 In the case of cancellation of the event PATOSS bears no responsibility for any loss incurred by delegates for transport or accommodation relating to the event.
22.214.171.124 The information contained in this leaflet is correct at the time of printing, however, PATOSS reserves the right to make changes to the programme without prior notice.
7.2.2 Event Registration Cancellation by Participant.
126.96.36.199 Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
188.8.131.52 Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is 4 weeks before the event.
184.108.40.206 Registration cancellations 4 weeks or more prior to the event will be eligible to receive a full refund less £25 administration fee.
220.127.116.11 Cancellations between 4 and 2 weeks prior to the event - if the place is re-sold, will be eligible to receive a full refund less £25 administration fee; if the place cannot be re-sold will be eligible to receive a 50% refund.
18.104.22.168 Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the event – a refund will only be given in exceptional circumstances. Should a refund be given a £25 administration fee will be charged.
22.214.171.124 Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
126.96.36.199 All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
188.8.131.52 Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
184.108.40.206 Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
220.127.116.11 These above policies apply to all PATOSS events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.
7.3 PATOSS Goods and Product Refund/Return Policy
7.3.1 All returns of goods and materials purchased directly from the PATOSS require prior authorisation. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable; Returns must be authorised by the PATOSS within 30 days of the invoice date. Within thirty (30) days of purchase, we will replace, substitute or repair, at our sole discretion, any PATOSS product that is deemed defective.
7.3.2 Products provided/sold by PATOSS partners and affinity programs are subject to the return policy of the partner.
7.3.3 Products which are software or downloadable from any PATOSS website or provided media (CD ROM, Memory Drives, etc) are non-refundable.
8. Accuracy of information. We shall use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that all materials available on this website are accurate and up-to-date. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that any materials which you use are the most up to date versions and PATOSS will not be liable (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence) or otherwise) for any loss or damage you suffer due to the use of materials which are out of date. PATOSS will not provide you with notice that the materials have been or are to be amended and/or updated in any way.
9.1 PATOSS does not warrant or represent that the website will be free of defects or viruses although PATOSS shall take reasonable steps to prevent viruses infecting this site.
9.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or pursuant to section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or any other liability which cannot be excluded by law. If you are a consumer then nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
9.3 To the extent permitted by law, and subject always to clause 9.2, we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill or damage to reputation, loss or corruption of programs or data, arising from or related to access to or use of or any attempt or failure to access this website, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
10. Variation. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any new version of these terms and conditions will be posted on the website and will take effect and govern all use of the website immediately from the time it is posted. If you use the website after the new terms and conditions have come into effect any further use of the website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new terms and conditions. You are responsible for checking the terms and conditions each time you use this website and we will not notify you of any such change. No other modification to these terms and conditions shall be effective until agreed in writing by us.
11. Entire agreement. These terms and conditions set out the entire agreement and understanding between us and you, and supersedes all proposals and prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between us and you, relating to its subject matter.
12. Acknowledgement. We and you acknowledge that we and you do not rely on any representation, warranty, collateral contract or other assurance of any person that is not set out in these terms and conditions. We and you waive all rights and remedies which, but for this clause, might otherwise be available to us or you in respect of any such representation, warranty, collateral contract or other assurance. The only remedy available to us or you in respect of any representation, warranty, collateral contract or other assurance that is set out in these terms and conditions is for breach of contract under these terms.
13. No implied terms. Except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all conditions, warranties, stipulations and other statements whatsoever (except as to title to goods) that would otherwise be implied or imposed by statute, at common law, by a course of dealing or otherwise howsoever are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Waiver. Delay in exercising, or failure to exercise, any right or remedy in connection with these terms and conditions shall not operate as a waiver of that right or remedy. The waiver of a right to require compliance with any provision of these terms and conditions in any instance shall not operate as a waiver of any further exercise or enforcement of that right and the waiver of any breach shall not operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach. No waiver in connection with these terms and conditions shall, in any event, be effective unless it is in writing, refers expressly to this clause, is duly signed by or on behalf of the person granting it and is communicated to the person in whose favour the waiver is made.
15. Severability. We and you intend each provision of these terms and conditions to be severable and distinct from the others. If a provision of these terms and conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, we and you intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected.
16.1 You may not assign or sub-contract or sub-licence any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party without our prior written consent.
16.2 We may transfer or assign all or any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to another party.
17. Headings. Headings are included for convenience only and will not be used in construing any provision of these terms and conditions.
18. Governing law. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.